Friday, August 22, 2008

My New Life

Since the kids started school this last week, I decided I needed to get my life on some sort of schedule, and get organized. My goal is that I can keep things in order around the house so that I can free up more time to spend with my kids. Does anyone else feel like they spend too much time doing things for their kids, and not enough time being with their kids? I feel like I show my love to them by washing their clothes, feeding them and doing dishes, keeping a clean house, but I'm starting to understand that while those things are important to me, they are not as important to my kids. I need to be "in the moment" with them a little more.

My plan is to get up in the morning and accomplish a list of chores before they wake up (a load of laundry, bed-making, dishes, pick up). Then, I have set a chore for each day of the week: Monday is vacuuming; Tuesday, toilets; Wednesday, dusting; Thursday, sinks; Friday, mop floor. Saturday will be family chore day. It seems to be working OK. I like doing only one load of laundry a day, but I don't like that my basket is always full. This is a work in progress, so I'm willing to entertain any ideas as to how you all keep it together!

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Who keeps it together? I just do the best I can and accept the fact that my house is a disaster a lot of the time. I too am trying to get on a schedule now that the kids are back in school, but I'm struggling to find the time to exercise! I'm not even trying to find time to clean the house yet!

Grandma Sally said...

Jenni,
I'm so glad you commented on my latest blog post. Now I can keep up with you and your family. Mother would be so proud of your blog name. I loved reading all your blogs. Love ya,
Sally