Sunday, August 3, 2008

Happy Anniversary Mom & Dad!!

Today is my mom & dad's 49th wedding anniversary. I'm sorry I didn't have any pictures of them together - I'll have to work on that.

My parents have been through so much in the 49 years they have been together. They have successfully raised 7 children and are enjoying being grandparents to 31 grandchildren and 19 great-grandchildren.

Their family started as a Brady Bunch - my dad brought my two oldest siblings with him and my mom brought two boys with her. Together, they had three children (of which I'm the last). Although this wasn't a typical family, no one would ever guess that the seven of us are not all full-blood relation. My parents never made the distinction of "his, mine and ours". I've never called any of my siblings half- this or that. We have always just been a family. In fact, I didn't even know about the unique circumstances under which our family was started until I was a teenager.

I'm so grateful for my parents and the example they have been to me. Theirs is not a perfect marriage, but I have learned from them how to get through the ups and downs of life - you do it together.

3 comments:

Laurel said...

Happy Anniversary! They're such great people - hope they had fun.

Sea Star said...

I always loved your parents. How wonderful to be together for that many years. Tell them Happy Anniversary from me.

young family said...

It is so good to see your Mom and Dad, feels like forever since I saw them last.

Happy Anniversary to them. 49 years that is great.

On the previous blog, are you keeping the great fishing hole a secret? The fish looks really big to me so if the place it that nice I would keep it secret. We went fishing saturday, didn't get anything ;) Oh well, we still have fun.