Wednesday, October 15, 2008

What's the deal?

I went to Wal Mart the other day to get our normal brand of spread (fake butter), and when I got home and opened it, I noticed that it looked a little skimpy. So, I checked the label and noticed that they are now packaging only 15 oz. of spread when they used to package 16 oz. They charge the same amount, but you're getting less for that price, so actually the price is going up. I kind of feel like they think I'm stupid.

I noticed this a couple of months ago with my boxes of pasta. I used to get 16 oz., but now I only get 13.5 oz. per box. For my food storage purposes, I would much rather pay more for the same size of box because my storage room is limited, and now I have to buy more boxes. Has anyone else noticed this in their shopping?

Jennie

3 comments:

Grandma Sally said...

Yes! A five quart tub of ice cream now has four quarts for the same money...also the cereal boxes are getting smaller and still cost the same. Dumb, dumb, dumb (not us--them!)

Sea Star said...

I have noticed! I bugs me that yogurt costs so much already and then they only give me 6 oz instead of 8 oz. I don't buy yogurt anymore. But they are doing this with everything. Instead of raising the price they are just decreasing the amount in hopes that you won't notice. But when you live on a tight budget you notice everything! I pay close attention to the price per ounce of items.

young family said...

I noticed also, it is all a big conspiracy. The food, the fact that we are still paying too much for gas.....the list just goes on and on. Somewhere somebody is hoping we won't notice anything, but we do! Boy we do!!