Thursday, July 24, 2008

My First Post

As the title suggests, this is my first blog posting. I have been toying with the idea of starting my own blog for a couple of weeks, and I had a few hours to myself tonight, so here it goes...

The name of my blog, penny-wise Jenni, highlights one of my hobbies in life. I would say passion, but it seems a little weird to be passionate about personal finance. I like learning about personal finance and feel I have some skill in managing resources. I plan on going back to school for a Master's so I can become a financial educator. I want to utilize this blog to keep a journal of sorts of the experiences our family has, but I would also like to share some of my thoughts on personal finance.

To introduce myself, I am a SAHM of three adorable kids. I have a wonderful husband who is my perfect companion (not perfect, mind you; just perfect for me). I am a better person because I am married to him. He wasn't too enthused about my starting a blog, but he helped me come up with a cute name anyway. I've said on occasion that it boggles my mind that I married him only loving him as much as I did then, knowing how much I love him now.

Our three kids provide the greatest joy in my life. I'm sure I'll blog about them a good bit, so I'll just leave it at that.

I'm not blog-savvy yet, so I don't have any bells and whistles, but I'll take some time to spruce this up so you'll enjoy your visits to penny-wise jenni!

Jenni

5 comments:

The Spendloves said...

Welcome. I look forward to your words of wisdom.
Shawn

Annamarie said...

Congrats on your blog. It is so cute! How did you do that? I want mine to look like that.

Sea Star said...

welcome to the world of blogging. It will be so fun to see more of you and your family through your blog.

Crystal said...

Hip hip for your blog Jen! I seriously can't believe how old Abby is! She's such a cutie.

young family said...

Yay!! I'm glad you started a blog. I love keeping up with everyone this way.

Looking forward to some advice in the financial area of life :)